Overheated transformer starts fire in garage apartment on Goliad Avenue

An overheated power transformer is the apparent cause of a fire which destroyed a garage apartment structure and property fencing behind the 5700 block of Goliad Avenue on Tuesday afternoon.

The wires heated up, catching the pole on fire. The fire ignited the pole and jumped to the fence and garage structure. No injuries were reported. This was the second fire of its type in the area today. Another fire similar in nature took place on the 6100 block of Richmond Avenue last week.

Click here for a complete set of photos.


By Avi S. Adelman under Public safety , Lower Greenville